Detoxify Yourself Using Chinese Cupping Therapy
Cupping therapy is an ancient form of substitute medicine, which follows a non-invasive healing system. It is a type of therapeutic detoxifying deep-tissue massage, which involves placing special cups on the patient’s skin. These cups extract out stagnant and congested blood by creating suction. It has a host of health benefits, which often supersede modern medical techniques. It augments immune functions, imparts relaxing and relieving sensations inflammation, and stimulates healing.
- Helps in treating insomnia
- Improves digestion
- Used to treat rheumatic diseases like arthritis
- Useful in fertility and gynecological disorders
- Improves treatment of skin problems
- Mitigates high blood pressure and varicose veins
- Assists in dealing with anxiety, depression, and migraines
- Resolves respiratory issues, particularly allergies, flu, common cold, asthma, and tuberculosis
- Stimulates blood flow and lymph flow
- Resolves swelling and fever
- Finally, it helps in eliminating toxins
Cupping Growing in Popularity
Celebrity cupping enthusiasts have been constantly increasing in number. Famed artists like Gwyneth Paltrow, Jennifer Aniston, Justin Beiber, Lady Gaga, Victoria Beckham, Chris Martin, Bani J. Even Justin Trudeau, the Canadian Prime Minister underwent the therapy.
Athletes use cupping therapy to naturally improve health and performance. Neymar Jr., a Brazilian footballer, Michael Phelps, an Olympic swimmer, and Andy Murray, a tennis ace have gone through the therapy recently.
- During a dry cupping session, practitioner sets a flammable substance such as alcohol, herbs, or paper inside an appropriate cup and sets it on fire. Further, as the fire goes out, he places the cups upside-down on the skin. On cooling, a vacuum is generated inside the cup. Underlying skin tissue rises and reddens due to the expansion of blood vessels. Additionally, he leaves the cups this way for about 3 minutes. Softer tissues are detoxified using the dry method. The practitioner also moves the cups around after applying a lubricant.
What is Chinese Cupping?
The therapeutic treatment dates back to ancient Egyptian, Chinese, and Middle Eastern cultures. Ebers Papyrus, one of the oldest medical textbooks in the world, describes the way ancient Egyptian used cupping therapy in 1550 B.C. Proposed by Hippocrates, the Father of Modern Medicine, his guide to clinical treatment includes the technique.
Therapeutic Cupping is an adaptation of an ancient technique. The purpose of this technique is to promote health and healing by loosening soft tissue and connective tissue including scars and adhesions. In addition, it is also thought to improve blood circulation and increases lymphatic flow. This therapy can also improve functional mobility and joint performance.