Stephen Warren began his studies in massage therapy and therapeutic bodywork in 1997. Shortly after becoming a South Carolina licensed massage therapist (1998-current) Stephen began a pursuit into the study of Thai Massage. This pursuit started in Atlanta, GA and then further guided him to Chiang Mai, Thailand where he studied Traditional Thai Massage. Around 2003 Stephen began an apprenticeship under his original Thai Massage teacher Dr. Camden Clay, DC. Currently, this apprenticeship has earned Stephen a thorough knowledge of, and an instructional certification in Assisted Stretching Postures from Thai Massage, Targeted Muscle Testing, and Quick Self-Fixes.
During his apprenticeship with Dr. Clay Stephen also earned a degree in Diagnostic Medical Sonography and worked as an Ultrasound Technologist at Grand Strand Medical Center from 2007-2011 which greatly enriched his love and knowledge of human anatomy. From 2011 to 2015 he worked as a Massage Therapy instructor at Miller-Motte Technical College where he taught hands-on classes, Anatomy and Physiology, Kinesiology, and Massage Pathology. Finally, in 2015 Stephen found his way to Acupuncture Works where he continues his love of bodywork today.
Utilizing postural and gait analysis along with Targeted Muscle Testing™ and Assisted Stretching Postures from Thai Massage, Stephen takes his clients out of an in-balanced postural state of being and into a state of functional strength and awareness through his broad expanse of hands-on training and knowledge of the human body. He also works to educate and guide each of his patients so that they themselves can increase and maintain their personal goals of a pain-free, balanced and functional lifestyle.
Stephen continues to train and advance his studies with his longtime teacher and mentor, Dr. Camden Clay, in Atlanta, GA.
- Associates in Allied Health: Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Horry-Georgetown Technical College, Conway, SC
- Intensive Study Traditional Thai Massage, Baan Nit, Chiang Mai, Thailand
- Certificate: Massage Therapy and Bodywork Program, Horry-Georgetown Technical College, Myrtle Beach, SC
- Thai Massage Apprenticeship, under Dr. Camden Clay, DC
Memberships & Certifications
- LMT, South Carolina
- Certified Thai Massage Therapist
- Certified Instructor for Assisted Yoga Postures from Thai Massage
- Certified Instructor for Targeted Muscle Testing and Quick Self Fixes
- AMTA Membership
- Anatomy and Physiology Instructor, South Carolina Massage and Esthetics Institute 2009
- Assistant Instructor with Dr. Camden Clay; Assisted Yoga Postures from Thai Massage, Atlanta, GA
- Diagnostic Medical Sonographer, 2007-11
- Massage Therapy Instructor, Miller-Motte Technical College, Conway, SC 2011-15